Featured Athlete January 2019 - Lauren First
PAMCAKES’ PANCAKES ATHLETE INTERVIEW
Name: Lauren First
Location (state): Columbus, Ohio
THE FUN STUFF
- Last time on stage: July 27th, 2018
- When competing next: June 14th
- How many shows have you done: About 15 shows!
- Do you coach yourself, or are you coached/on a team – please specify: My coach is my boyfriend, Dylan Bair from BairAesthetics
- What do you do? Work/school? I am a night shift nurse in the NICU
- How’d you get into competing? I began lifting and dieting for my first bikini competition during my freshman year of college in 2014.
- What does being “fit” mean to you? Being “fit” to me means that I primarily live a healthy and active lifestyle on a daily basis! I love going to the gym at least 4 times a week to build muscle and incorporate it into my daily life!
- Favorite type of workout? I love going into the gym to focus on 1-2 muscle groups. I incorporate a lot of supersets to help me get in and out of the gym quicker!
- Favorite body part to workout? GLUTES...duh!
- Do you: Track Macros / Meal Plan / Intutitively Eat? I track macros for the most part, but do not have a hard time being intuitive during times of travel!
- Favorite food? Favorite “fun” meal? My favorite food is COOKIES! My favorite fun meal is a BBQ burger with sweet potato fries!
- If you could travel anywhere, where and why? I travel a lot, but one location I would love to visit is Australia because it seems like there is a lot to do there, the climate looks great, and I love kangaroos!
- What advice would you give to someone just starting a fitness regimen for lifestyle and/or competing? Be patient! Losing weight or seeing results does not just happen overnight, so it is very important to keep going even if you feel like change isn’t fast!
- How do you balance personal life with school/competing/work/etc.? This comes fairly easy for me! Although it can be hard at times, I make sure to make it work! Since I work night shift 3 days a week, I will take my rest days primarily around nights where I worked! Since I track my macros, I just pack my meals for work to make sure I’m hitting my goals and not falling off track! I don’t get as much sleep as I should be, but I make sure to sleep in on days I don’t work to catch up! Energy drinks keep me going!
- Favorite Pamcakes’ flavor and why! Pumpkin! I hate to say it, but I’m a basic B! I love me some pumpkin Spice!
- Pancakes or waffles?!? :) Pancakes all day, every day!
- Favorite thing about Pamcakes'? I love that I can have Pamcakes' in and out of prep! The nutrition breakdown is amazing and helps me meet my goals all while staying on track!
- Any advice you’d like to give to your younger self? I would tell my younger self not to stress so much! Life has it’s ways of working out even if it doesn’t seem that way at that time!
- Role Model(s)? My role models are IFBB Pros Beth Hall, Laura Norton, and Adison Barnhart. I love how these girls live life and don’t care what people think!
- Long term Goals (on and off stage; either or both)? My long term goal for the stage is to consistently top 5 at national shows and possibly obtain my Pro Card down the road! I know I don’t have the most ideal “look” at some shows, but it would be awesome to consistently place top 5 at all the upcoming National Shows! My long term goal for life is to move from Ohio to either Texas or California with Dylan!